Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Last lecture-day for the term

Just had 8 hours of lectures today! All the lecturers said the same thing at the start of their lectures: "I'm sorry I have to rush through this due to the time", "I usually teach this topic in more than 2 lectures", "Back in my days, we had a term of this", "You'll have to go back and read more about this", "I'll put them up on Moodle as time is running out". Medical education is evolving today. For the better or worse? Well I suppose some guidance is better than none. SDL works for me, so I'm not complaining much.

I'm basically fully saturated now having gone through such a diverse range of lectures today. Feels like there's so much I don't know for exams coming up real soon, now that it's April! Everyone in lecture today is really stressed out about it as well, talking about cramming and what to focus on. *No pressure* I believe I work best at my own pace, and I shall do so.

Glad I had that cup of tea at Moira's...and having non-medical conversation just gets life a bit more normal. It's funny how easy it is to slip back into talks about medical stuffs when you're around medical people. I guess that's probably due to the fact that we spend most of our life literally reading medical stuffs and living in a medical environment.

Lisa's got me more excited about going back home this summer. There's this plan of Andy and her coming over for a vacation. Just thinking about it - there's lots I want to do. It'll be amazing! That's a must-plan trip after my exams!

For now, I've got to get going with writing up. 750words down...much more to go!

Perseverance

No comments: