Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Daru meets London

The London Eye by night

Good old buddy Daru has finally arrived in the UK for his clinical elective. He's still the same hyper (in the good way) funny Japanese mate I know since I first became his 'working buddy' in IM a few years ago. Can't believe he's in his 5th year now! Time flies. Very soon he'll be a doctor. How exciting!

Somehow, he brings back memories of times in Brunei and it was just fun talking about all the fun things which happened in Kagawa. Memories of the little Kagawa trip we had back in 2007 :)

Good times.


So I gathered the people he knows from St George's and set up a dinner date to welcome him to London and UK. It feels like coming to London for the first time again when we brought him around to the landmarks of London. Sometimes, it's easy to forget how beautiful a place can be.

Dinner at Hare & Tortoise

(and satisfying my craving for salmon sashimi was just great!)

Salmon Box

Hope he'll enjoy his stay here in the UK. I'm sure he'll have fun in the wards and picking up all those clinical skills he's been keen to do all this while.

On that note, I should seriously concentrate on exam revision now. It scares me how close we are to the real thing!

Impossible is nothing.

Let's hope for the best!


No comments: