Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Experience

Lent ends today and nope I didn't give anything up in particular. Will probably think of one for next year. Chocolate will be too difficult for sure, especially at the rate I'm going now. To be fair, it's fuel for exam revision :) Otherwise, I won't be on such a high dose (right!).

On a Tuesday evening, about 40 days ago, it was a happy day worth remembering. Lots of flour, eggs, sugar and milk...plus fruits, honey, golden syrup, double cream, nutella, etc were brought together to make it a Pancake Tuesday! Had a kitchen party at the halls - nothing else but pancakes. YUM! I remembered being TOO full, and Moira trying to make the biggest pancake of the night. Fun.

Pancake brings happiness!

If it wasn't for exam revision, it would have been a great holiday weekend. Like my lovely cousin Jin who's all tanned now after her amazing trip immersed in the Portugese and Spanish warmth, I'd probably be out and about in the fine spring weather we have now. I'm still amazed (and probably jealous) by the tan she's gotten. Nice! But not long from now, I will be enjoying my Danish pastries by the harbour.

So met up with Jin for a nice Sunday dinner in Putney by the river. We decided to head to The Real Greek for a change. It was a lovely walk from the tube station across the bridge. Enjoyed the view of the quiet town by the riverside with the sun setting past 8pm now.

Fancy Greek dinner

It's also Jin's birthday tomorrow. Happy Birthday Jin!

Got back to the halls tired - it must be postprandial sleepiness. But I must survive some revision at least. Probably going through more bones, muscles, nerves, and blood vessels (more than my liking) - which reminds me why Internal Medicine shall be my preferred option, for now at least.

Then, Greg popped into my room with a surprise!


He's gotten me a HUGE easter egg. How nice! Another reason why living in halls is so fun.

I shall enjoy my egg then!

Happy Easter

No comments: