Monday, May 18, 2009

Flat Outing

It's been 2 terms and a bit more, and finally the 6 flatties of Block C have come together for a meal in Chinatown. We have been planning this since the beginning of the academic year, but as all of us do different courses and have different commitments in life, it has been hard to get all 6 of us out together, let alone all the 6 of us all in the kitchen. It does happen occasionally, and when it does, it has always been lots of fun.

I am very happy this outing was a great success :)

We decided to give the Taiwanese restaurant Leong's Legends in Chinatown a try. I have personally frequented the restaurant a few times and I do enjoy the food there. In a way, it is similar to grandma's cooking. I was pleased that my British flatmates find the food amusing too. A good start for those who are planning to pay me a visit back home this summer. Can't wait for that!


After dinner, we ventured into an oriental store in Chinatown. Such a good way to learn more about Chinese food by browsing through what they sell there. We then headed for a couple of cocktails in a nearby bar to end the night and to shade ourselves from the English rain.


As Lisa would say, "Love it!". It's been awesome living with these 5 chaps. Looking forward to more flat outings and I do hope we will meet up when we separate at the end of this term

No comments: