Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer in June

It is getting very warm here in London. Very much so at the Halls especially when the windows annoyingly do not open all the way. I suppose it is a safety measure for the drunk freshers and Springfield hospital is just across the golf course. I have already removed my 10.5tog king-size duvet out of its cover. If it gets any more stuffy than it is now, I might resort to buying a fan!

Anyway, I am not complaining as I get to go out without any jackets or scarves these days and a bright sunny weekend is always very enjoyable. Hope it'll stay this way over summer.

Uncharacteristically, I read a book. I have just finished the DaVinci Code. It has been a long while since I read a book properly, or have I ever? Well, not surprising as this is a good book. I suppose reading it after watching Angels & Demons allowed me to imagine the plot better. Plus Greg's lent me an illustrated copy of the book. So it was all good.

Might pick up reading as a hobby now that I've injured my back yet again. The GP was right about the prognosis of the acute back pain - cocodamol, diclofenac and diazepam concoction was all I needed. Good news is that we got into the UH tennis finals against Bart's this Sunday. *fingers crossed*

Good old friend Daru is here in London once again; this time in Tooting. He's doing his elective for 2 weeks here at St George's. So we've been showing him around all the hot spots in London. The weekend out in Greenwich was great. It has been generally fun catching up the good old times. I'm afraid he's getting a bit phobic of curry now after being in Tooting for just more than a week. LOL

Lots to look forward. In less than 2 months, I'll be back home. YAY! This weekend we're heading to Windsor to see its famous castle. It'll be lots of fun spending time with our favourite German friends as they are very soon completing their exchange programme.

Stay sunny London!

No comments: