Saturday, August 27, 2005

Joy!

It's getting on verywell now for me. I really do enjoy my course. Though there's lots of work to do, which means long, long hours, there's a lot happening.

The best part of it is that we are all learning things through research, and later sharing information through discussion. There are a lot of workshop sessions and also visits to certain places. Last week, during the pratical session, we disected a rat. It was really interesting for me as this is virtually my first disection. I got to see, touch and feel most of the internal organs of the poor white rat. But learning hands-on this time is really effective, I must say. It was also my first time wearing the blue lab coat!

Of course, we had a visit to the Ong Sung Ping Health Centre and the Berakas Smoking Cessation Unit. This was where I, for the first time, get to wear the white coat in a health clinic. It really means a lot to me. An awesome feeling...a sense of satisfaction and achievement! I had to act as a patient for Dila during the session. I must really apologise to her for I was such a naughty "patient". I was acting like what most of my audience say, "PCK". Haha... Had a really good laugh that day.

Well, Week 3 came along. As usual, classes went on. Nothing much really. But there's more research going on as we got a new topic 'Exercise' for this week's PBL. Something interesting; getting to know muscles and how they work basically. Not forgetting is our great show for Thursday's powerpoint presentation. I was working with Dila, Nadiah, Farah and Chong Hsien. I can't really describe how much screaming, laughing and shouting there was even whilst preparing for the presentation. Expectedly, we had a tremendous laughing session especially with Farah's modelling and Chong Hsien's acting. Hahaha...

It's getting late now. I shall sleep as I have to drive up to UBD tomorrow. It's tiring, but I really needed time in Panaga for a 'release'. Till next time...

p.s. Zoe, if you are reading this one, CONGRATULATIONS for getting into IMU. I'm really happy for you. Finally, you get to do something which you aimed for. Good on you!

Congratulations also for Bel, MC, Amir, Aqilah and Billy for getting the government scholarship. Well done!

Not forgetting my good old friend Alvina, who's going into OXFORD! Nerd!!! jk...LOL. I'm actually overjoyed for you. Excellent...Also to Amal and Hajah for getting into Imperial.

Must be a good month with so much good things happening. Hope everything goes well for everyone. Take care...Cheers!

No comments: